The game at USA online casino has reached significant proportions, becoming one of the most interesting sources of entertainment. However, it is essential that all the thrills associated with it remain moderate and within the limits of Liability; hence the concept of Responsible Gaming.
What is Responsible Gaming ?
Responsible Gaming can be considered as all the measures put in place to ensure that gambling takes place in a healthy, pleasant and mainly entertaining environment. It therefore comes in opposition to problematic gambling and aims to prevent and resolve the difficulties inherent to players.
When we talk about this concept in general, the responsibility lies at two levels: first at the level of the casinos and second at the level of the players.
How Online Casinos Work for Responsible Gaming ?
If we take into account the license of online casinos before ranking them, it is not for the sake of the form. A licensed casino has certain legal obligations, in this case that of implementing a Responsible Gaming program. This implies that the online casino takes certain measures such as:
Ensuring the fairness of the games
Random number generators should be audited and checked regularly, to ensure that the games are not rigged. If players have a real chance of winning, which is based on chance, it helps to make the playing environment healthy. This is the reason why an approval from an organization such as eCOGRA or another similar gives more value to an online casino.
The implementation of game control tools
Always with the aim of creating a Responsible Gaming framework, online casinos offer tools that offer more control to players, in terms of expenses, losses, playing time, or even winnings. Thus, players will be able to:
- Establish a deposit limit not to be exceeded on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Establish a loss limit
- Adjust the time of their online gaming sessions
When players feel they are becoming too dependent, or if they do not have the strength to set limits, the casino should also offer ways to request temporary or permanent self-exclusion. In short, a licensed American online casino with Responsible Gaming at heart should help establish your leisure environment that optimizes entertainment and reduces negative stress.
The implementation of responsible marketing tools
To attract people to their platforms, or to retain players, casinos use several marketing strategies, namely generous bonuses, regular special offers, etc. All this must be done in a healthy way, so as not to encourage the player to play more than necessary, to the point of going into debt. Also, the player's settings must be taken into account before the site offers him a promotion.
The ban on gambling for minors
Depending on the country or American province, the legal playing age ranges from 18 to 21 years old. Online casinos should clearly state that they do not accept minors on their sites, and carry out subsequent checks after registration, to ensure that this rule is not broken.
The KYC verification procedure
Playing online offers advantages, such as access to the game from home, the privacy when playing and the discretion that goes with it. However, this discretion does not state that the online casino should not know who you are. After registration, the casino will ask for some information to justify the identity of its players, as well as their addresses. This is an essential and mandatory step before a first withdrawal is made successfully. Players can start playing without this, but before withdrawing their winnings, KYC (Know Your Customer) verification is a must.
Responsible Gaming by players
For their part, the players also have the responsibility of establishing a healthy leisure environment conducive to development. Playing is a hobby, which should be considered as such, even if it happens that you earn money. Therefore, players are strongly encouraged to:
- Establish a budget to play and stick to it
- Use the tools made available to them by the American casino to define their own limits on money and playing time
- Ensure that the game is not a source of conflict or stress
No one is allowed to play unless they are of legal age in their country. It is the obligation of each player to know this and to act accordingly. In addition, the following should be avoided:
- To play while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- To play when we are sad or when we try to drown a sorrow
- To try to make up for losses systematically by playing over and over again
- To use money for basic needs of life or of his family to play
- To seek to invest the money of an important project in an online casino in the hope of earning more
- To lie to those around him about his gambling addiction
There are many rules, but the bottom line is that every player keep in mind that the game is mostly designed for entertainment. This is how you can take full advantage of the titles available to you.
Some aid organizations in the USA
To find out if you are addicted, there are a few questions you can ask yourself. Yes :
- You regularly borrow money to gamble
- You continually argue with your family about your gambling
- You feel that you no longer have a social life because of your game
- You get aggressive when people talk to you about the game
- You become addicted to alcohol or an illicit substance because of gambling
- You feel depressed thinking about gambling or playing
You probably have a problematic gambling concern. There are other warning signs, and those cited are not exhaustive. in the USA, there are a few organizations that act as Responsible Gaming resource centers, and could help you, namely:
- The Responsible Gaming Council: responsiblegambling.org
- Gamblers Anonymous: http: // www.gamblersanonymous.org / ga /
- The American Center on Substance Abuse: https: // www.ccsa.ca / Pages / default.aspx
You can request them for support without judgments. If you want, you can also turn to trusted family members.